Monday, January 4, 2010

New Years Resolution #1- Catch Up!!!

Sadly my motto lately has seem to be "better late than never" (resolution #2 is to get a better motto for myself) but until then here I am mid January trying to catch up for October/November. Seeing how I'm so behind I just wanted to do a quick recap of the fun times we had during these months....

My brother-in-law Jason coaches football for Cedar High and Brylie loved going to the games, I couldn't believe how excited she was about them, even when the weather became freezing!!! She insisted on wearing her football shirt to every single game and joined right in cheering and playing with the boys.


Drake Family 5th Annual Pumpkin Festival
Good food, family, and fun!


All the cousins painting pumpkins



Halloween Party & Brylie turns 3!

The girls had a Dance Magic Halloween party, and they were so excited for the chance to wear their Turkish belly dancer outfits Aunt Jessica had just brought back for them from Turkey. They jingled everywhere they went. :)


After the Halloween party we had a little birthday party for Brylie with the family

the party continued all night when the cousin got to sleep over and eat popcorn in the living room. (now that is a special treat! :)



Carving pumpkins with dad




My nephew was baptised on Halloween day so the whole family was in town, and I can never pass up a chance to have another party. We had our very own Halloween carnival at my house.



TRICK OR TREAT!







Shawn's sister Callie had her baby right before Halloween, Damian Gene, Brylie thought such a tiny little person was pretty neat.

Brylie got her dance costume, and now believes she's a natural performer.



Brylie decided it was a great idea to start dressing herself. I promise my daughter really does own cute clothes, but you would never know because I cannot talk her into anything and she truly believes skirts are for every day, even if there is snow outside. (What do ya do???)


In November we made our first visit to see Santa Clause!
As you can see it went over fantastically....

here I am dragging Brylie over to see Santa,

here is Brylie pissed that I made her sit on his lap.

Lauryn had a similar reaction, but I had to get a least one picture!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I am so glad you are catching up! I love to see your cute kids and read how you describe things. Looks like a fun past couple of months.

Angie said...

I love how in every picture I see of a crying kid sitting on Santa's lap, Santa looks pissed off!! haha. Cracks me up:)

Ashley Dove said...

Christmas at the Drake house looks like so much fun! Ash, your little girls are so beautiful! They look just like their mom! I'm glad you guys are doing so well. Tell Shawn hello for me.

Lots of love,
Ashley Dove