Tuesday, December 22, 2009

'Tis the Season to be Jolly!



And I AM!!!

But when I think of jolly, it includes round & happy and unfortunately both apply after the way I have been binging on all the delicious holiday treats, but I've been enjoying myself while doing it, and there's always the new year right?!! :)

Anyways before I go off to celebrate with the fam, I wanted to post a few of the fun times we have been having this holiday season.


This was Brylie's first year going with the boys to cut down the Christmas tree, I think she froze her tooshie off and made Shawn carry her through the snow most of the time but thought she was pretty cool to go with the big boys, and continues to say "mom I got to go, cause I'm big, but Lauryn's too little. "

They did come home with a beauty though! Much bigger than usual and we did not have near enough ornaments to fill it, but Lauryn had a great time playing in the few we did have.




Brylie preformed her Suzy Snowflake dance at the Christmas Festival, and in my opinion was the cutest little snowflake up there! I thought she would be much to shy to preform on stage, but she seems to love it and is so excited when she tells me, "Mom, they clapped for me!"


This is Brylie with her cousin Summer who is only 7 months older and they are the best of friends!

What is a Christmas party without Princess's!! Here they are with Cinderella.

Bry & Summer found their favorite tree and of course it is pink!


Because I am a holiday fanatic as well, we tried to fit in as many Christmas movies as possible, and saw a lot of Barbie singing Christmas carols.

The girls are at such a fun age, and get almost as excited about Christmas as I do. Lauryn walks around the house saying "HO, HO, HO, & Fa, la, la, la, la" while Brylie reminds her not to pout or she will be on the naughty list with Swiper. We of course have been trying to teach Brylie that Christmas is more than just Santa, but she continues to tell me, "Mom, Christmas is when Santa Clause brings us presents, but....Jesus gets to blow out all of the candles!" (I hope she's getting it. :) All in all, we have had a wonderful holiday, and it's a little bitter sweet that Christmas eve is already here. I'm sad to see it come to an end, but cannot wait to see the girls faces on Christmas morning!

Merry Christmas to all...And to all a good night! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ashley! Your girls are so dang cute! This is Sarah by the way! Where are you guys at? We'd love to get together sometime! Hope your Christmas was great and that ya'll have a happy new year!

Hollie said...

Your posts are always so cute! Love all the pictures. Hope you all had a merry christmas. :)

Unknown said...

I love the tree they cut down. It is beautiful. Brylie is a cute little dancer. I have yet to get Melody into dance. Lauryn is getting so big. Two cute girls.

Jamie said...

I love the picture of Lauryn in the hat. Too cute! I also love the picture of Brylie dancing. You are right, she is a natural. I love that Jesus opens the presents and that if you pout you will be on the naughty list with Swiper. :) Too funny.