Saturday, March 27, 2010

Birthday Bliss

Shawn tries to convince me that birthdays are only a big deal until around age 12, then you begin to outgrown them and it's just a regular day. I for one refuse to believe this logic. I love ANY reason to celebrate, and fully believe that EVERYONE should have their own special day-(or in my case own birthday week) dedicated just to them. :) So although Shawn may disagree he knows how I feel, and every year tries to accomadate by making every birthday great. This year was exceptionally good due to great friends and family.

I began celebrating Thursday night by going to the always delicious Pastry Pub, with my very thoughtful friends Hollie & Mikkel-yummy food and good company! It was great, thanks guys. :)

I then came home to a fairly clean, empty house. After some investigating I found out that Shawn had taken the girls to get a few things to surprise me. (So sweet!) I actually think they were meant to be saved until the next day, my ACTUAL birthday but Brylie is a terrible secret keeper, and gets much too excited to hold anything in. She immediatly called to say..."Mommy, we got you a cake, and a balloon with flowers on it, and oreos, and tiny-one sprite (which is really pepsi in the small cans, but to Bry everything is sprite...but I do love everything in small sizes. :) a card, AND a present!!!!" She was so thrilled to tell me about EVERYTHING , and the fact that she helped to pick it all out.

That night Shawn put both girls to bed without any help from me, and the celebrating continued throughout the weekend. Including sleeping in tell 8:30, breakfast in bed, lunch with my sister, a dance recital where Brylie shinned in her "under the sea" routine. (actually it was pretty bad, she had no idea what she was suppose to be doing, but at least she is still young enough that EVERYTHING is cute.) Date Night included dinner and a movie with Shawn, and Saturday we were even able to meet up with my parents for dinner on their way home from Ireland.



I feel completely spoiled, and so lucky to have such wonderful friends and family that make everyday fun! Thanks so much everyone!

P.S. I also TOTALLY appreciated all of the facebook comments, I felt very popular! :)

Below is purely for me, my quarter of a century checklist of things done, and still to be done. I'm sure I will be adding to it constantly.


25 Year Checklist...
  • Great husband--- I think so, CHECK
  • College Degree ---- CHECK
  • 2 cute kids ----- CHECK
  • Live in 5 States ----CHECK
  • Buy 1st home ----- CHECK
  • Travel to Asia -----CHECK
Before I'm 30 To Do's...
  • Visit Europe
  • Career plan
  • Live in 2 more states
  • Visit at least 5 states
  • Trip to Disneyland :)
  • Another baby????...possibly
  • Buy bikini and wear ONCE without hiding
  • Become a better person
  • Hot air balloon ride
  • Swim with dolphins
  • Complete my many projects

6 comments:

JEN said...

Oh man, that just makes me feel bad all over again that I missed out! But I am so glad you had a great birthday week! But don't forget... we are still going to celebrate!

p.s. I love your "To Do list" I should really make one of those!

Hollie said...

Oh Ash. You already know I completely agree that birthdays should be over the top. So I'm so glad that you had a great one. Shawn did awesome from the sound of things. Give him a high five!! I also love your to do list as well as your accomplishments. I just gotta say that swimming with dolphins in one of my biggest dreams. And I wanna be there for the bikini reveal! ;) haha Glad you had a good one.

Anonymous said...

Happy late birthday! I totally agree it should be a birthday week!! I love the list of things to do and done! I vote you have a baby soon!!! :D

Unknown said...

You need to have Shawn teach Danny a few things about Birthday's. I am lucky to get a present. I am so glad you had a happy week.

Jamie said...

I hope you had a great birthday. I'm glad to see that you accomplished so many things before you turned 25. That is cool. (I only got one of mine.) I hope you have a gret year!

Chelsea said...

Happy belated!!! My hubby us the same- what's wrong with an excuse to celebrate?!?!
I also prefer a week long celebration!