Saturday, March 20, 2010

Ta-Daa!!

PROJECT OF THE WEEK....
One day sitting in my home I just happened to mention to my friend Jen that I have always wanted a red wall, but their really is not a wall without cupboards or doors to do it. Jen being the amazing, talented person that she is thought of painting the pantry. "What a great idea!!!" However me, being the procrastinator that I am would have put it off another year...so once again my amazing, talented, and ambitious friend Jen made it happen. On Monday she and her husband Kyle drove over just to help me paint. (Did I mention what good friends they are? :)

BEFORE:

So I did not think to take a before picture until we were mid-way through the first coat, so this is all I could come up with. One before we moved in, and one at Lauryn's birthday. (Just try to see past the balloons to the boring drab spot with a clock on it.)

Here is Jen applying the first coat of paint...
(At this point I was pretty much freaking out because my paint was extremely bright, and slightly pink! But doesn't Jen look cute sitting up on the fridge...and she was my reassuring voice the whole time.)

Here is Jen applying the second coat of paint...
(At this point I was sitting in the corner sipping on my coke, while Jen was hard at work. I really do love this girl! What would I do without her, she did everything! THANKS JEN.


AFTER....
Ta-Daaa!!!

It took 3 coats of paint, and all morning but I Love IT!!!
I really had no idea how plain, and boring it really was before; until I saw this wonderful splash of red that I had been missing my whole life. :)

Thanks again Jen, I really can't thank you enough, and can't wait to do many more projects so you can teach me all your many talents. Oh, and a special thanks goes out to Kyle & Shawn for their hard work watching the kiddos while we painted. (ok maybe it wasn't HARD work...but still thank you.)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the red wall! I love walls that throw a splash of color in! My parents entire kitchen is deep red. It seriously is the best color!! It add so much depth and I just love it! :D

JEN said...

Wow! Look at those crisp lines:) K, so, I really hope you do like it! I think it looks GREAT! But I know how worried you were about the color. Really, tell me and if it is the wrong color we can do it again. Really. You have to love it or you (and Shawn) will hate me forever for painting your kitchen the wrong color:)

But I LOVE it!! For the record:)

Hollie said...

I love it as well! The color is perfect. It makes the pantry really pop. I'm glad you posted pictures. Good job Ashley and Jen! My house is next. K

Mikkel said...

No Hollie, my house! Jk. I've been wanting to do something like that but just don't have the guts. Or confidence. I need someone to just make it happen! Jen is good at that. I do love yours. It looks great. Can't wait to see it in person!

Ashley J said...

Jen- I realize I may have freaked out just a little, but I really do love it, and shawn & I LOVE you! :)
Hollie & Mikkel- I will let you two fight over who goes first, but I totally recommend adding some color, and Jen for the job...not only inexpensive,but truly amazing!...oh and I'd love to come along too...just for moral support. ;)

Hina Schneider said...

Wow! Your kitchen looks really nice.

Angie said...

Love it Ash! YAY for Jen! That girl really is amazing...I've heard it from several people now:)

Jamie said...

OK, so I'm really bad at checking blogs. I saw your birthday post, but didn't scroll down any further. Angie told me about your red wall, and I do love it! Can't wait to see it in person. I wondered what you were talking about when I was rambling about painting. Now I know. :)