Monday, August 2, 2010

Wow!!

I have heard a lot about this floating temple since I got out here, I couldn't quite get what people were saying so I of course had to check it out for myself. Shawn and I drove down to find it a few Sunday's ago and as we were driving along down the busy freeway I suddenly looked up to find... the "floating temple". Immediately I knew what everyone meant.
You cannot tell due to the poor night time abilities of my camera,but that is exactly how it appears... glowing, floating above everything else.
Beautiful, Amazing, WOW! (no wonder there are so many car accidents :)
Brylie was immediately in love as well because it looked like something that popped out of one of her fairy tales. She loved walking around the grounds to stare up at it and could not stop asking questions.
"Mommy, why does Jesus close his castle at night time?"
"If we come back tomorrow can we go inside and visit him?"
"Mommy I want to see where Jesus's bed is."
I am not very well equipped to answer her many questions, but I do love how her mind works. :)










6 comments:

Mikkel said...

Fun! Very sweet last picture. Love Bry's questions... if only they were easy to answer. Your hair is looking long!! See ya (pretty) soon....

Hollie said...

wow that is cool. I too love Bry's thoughts. I had a friend who wasn't a member say that everytime she saw a temple growing up she thought they were castles from her fairy tales...that alone made her want to know about the church. I miss you guys. Get ready to play when we all get home.

JEN said...

Can I tell you that I am so jealous? That is my (second) favorite temple. Of course the San Diego is my favorite... but this one is so similar. I LOVE it too! That is cool you guys got to go see it. I just wish I did too:)

SEE YOU SOON!!!

Deryck & Bree said...

What great pics of the Temple, It's so different from any other Temple I have been in, it's very "70's" inside ;) Thank you for the comment on my post, It's in Kanaraville it's way easy to get to, if you want to go when you get back to town call me, i'll give you directions;) Im excited to see you too! I can't wait!

Jamie said...

I love these pictures, and that temple does just pop up out of the ground. I almost fell out the window the car taking a picture of it. I'm glad you pulled over and got some great pictures with your kids. I'm so glad you've been posting pictures of your summer back east, but I'm more excited that you are almost home! :)

Samantha said...

Isn't that the coolest thing ever!? We made my dad drive past it like 3 times with Jamie and I hanging out the car windows snapping pictures.

I love your posts... keep them coming so I can blog-stalk you!!!