Monday, February 14, 2011

November in February...(but I'm getting closer :)

Of course the frost begins to come early in Cedar City so this is the view from our living room window the very first of November...

in my opinion that is MUCH too early for the cold to come so we headed to Page, AZ for my nephew Landon's baptism, lucky for us it also happened to be the Hot Air balloon festival that weekend.

So after Shawn's amazing talk (thanks for getting me out of that one baby ;) we headed down to mainstreet where they had tons of booths and you could walk right up to check out the air balloons.

I did not get to ride in one "this time" but it is definitely still on my to do list,

still very cool though, they would send signals to light all the balloons at the same time, loved it! I think we need to get this started in Cedar City :)

Most people know that although I LOVE the mom thing, it is the stay at home part that gets to me occasionally. So lucky for us we have a BEAUTIFUL little getaway only 30 minutes away, we don't do it nearly often enough but we headed to my parents condo in Brianhead for some fresh air and non interrupted family time.





3 comments:

Hollie said...

Ash, my friend...there IS a hot air balloon festival in Cedar City. ;) Go with me next year. Ok? :)

Angie said...

I was thinking the same thing as holly...ha ha get with it ash!:)

Jamie said...

I'm glad you are posting, I don't care if it's late. :) The picture from your window is way cool!