Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Giraffes...may just be my new favorite animal.

One thing I've really come to appreciate about these Summers away is all the activities we find to entertain ourselves while Shawn is busy at work.
Pretty sure I have never been to Hogle Zoo but lucky for us every summer there always seems to be a zoo close by. Fresno's is only about 5 minutes down the road and we were able to visit it with our friends before temperatures got to melting. The zoo was great, but the definite highlight of the day was feeding the giraffes.
For the bargain price of only $2 they let you feed them up close and personal. I have always loved the print but I now have a new appreciation for their freakishly long tongues and how pretty they are. Still not sure if the giraffe tops my adorable, talented elephants from Thailand but they are a close second, and as always we loved our visit to the Zoo.










3 comments:

JEN said...

You and Vicki... Bridger tells me all the time he wants to buy a giraffe for Vicki gramma:) they are pretty! And cool. Zoos are fun.. but not in blistering heat! Miss you!!

Hollie said...

Wow I did do a good job. Thanks! ;) You can love giraffes and elephants ok!

Angie said...

You can get really close to them at hogle too. I agree, they are cool. Kind of pretty, exotic, and down right freaky all rolled into one!