Friday, December 11, 2009

The threat that worked.

I was thrilled to say goodbye to the "terrible two's" only to find out we were entering the stage of the "terrifying threes." Brylie is a really good girl, 90% of the time, but she has a mind of her own and is always trying to prove a point. Lately it has been a fit just to show she is not going to budge if it's not her idea. Naturally, as any good mother would do, when these fits occur I resort to threats...

The first being Jesus. "Brylie, please be nice to your sister. It makes Jesus really sad when we're not nice, we need to make him happy."
Sadly this one had little effect, really didn't seem to phase her much at all. I mean she doesn't usually like making people sad but at the same time it wasn't going to be enough to change her mind at that moment.

So next I tried Santa. "Brylie, it is not okay to act like that; Santa Clause does not bring toys to naughty little girls, you need to be nice if you want any toys for Christmas. Do you want Daddy to call Santa and tell him how your acting??"
This threat worked slightly better, she thought it over seriously and behaved for at least a few hours before stating "That's okay mom, I already have toys, I not need Santa to bring me anymore."

Ahhhhh....What's a mother to do??

The one and only threat I have found that worked for my Brylie, was one she created for herself. She saw the commercial for Princess & The Frog weeks ago, and decided along with her cousin Summer that they were going to go see it as soon as it came out. Brylie has been talking about it ever since and tells everyone we run into. I'm going to see Princess and The Frog . I of course immediately jumped on this opportunity to try to create far less battles in our home. And....ta da...it worked!!!!

Brylie: "I'm not getting dressed!"
Me: "So you don't want to see Princess & the Frog?
Instantly dressed! :)
Can I mention how easy today has been. My sister must have mentioned that today was the opening day ... Brylie woke up, got dressed, ate breakfast, cleaned up her toys, and put herself back down for a nap.
Thank you Princess & The Frog, my only major dilemma is...what will I use now that she has seen the movie???

ANYHOW, ENJOY BRY. YOU EARNED IT!! :)



Lauryn thought it was really neat to sit in her own big kid chair for about...10 minutes after that we spent the rest of the movie chasing her. (I think next time we'll leave her at home with daddy.)

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Too funny! I laughed out loud. You just need to contact Disney and tell them to get making the next princess video, and quickly! :)