Monday, December 21, 2009

What am I missing???

So Saturday night was date night. No not a typical thing, but we had two movie tickets which had to be used before the end of the year and also had to take advantage of my wonderful generous sister before she left for the holidays. ;) thanks Lis.

Anyways I somewhat tricked Shawn into taking me to New Moon, because although ALL of my friends went without me, I still had not seen it, and had to see Jacob for myself. :)

So I get that it would be a hard story to make, but every one who loved the books, seemed to love the movies. So I have to ask what am I missing? I truly LOVED the books but I can't help but laugh at the corniness of the movies. I mean running through fields of flowers.....
Don't get me wrong I have always had a soft spot for Jacob, and immensely enjoyed looking at him without a shirt for two hours, but other than that found the movie kind of long and silly. I will say it was much better than the first one... I just wondered if people were seeing something I didn't or maybe I just need to get back in touch with my love for the twilight's. :) It has been a while since I read the books.

3 comments:

Joslyn said...

I too found the movie cheesy (although I haven't seen New Moon...YET). But I love the books! Thanks for the Bumbo offer, Jenny Barney offered me to borrow hers too, unfortunately it was after I paid for one! lol! P.S. I added you to my blog list!

Samantha said...

Ash... I totally agree. Cheesy! But then again I am not team jacob OR team edward. (Nor do I care for bella... wimp.) So, no, you are not missing anything!

Angie said...

You aren't missing anything...they STINK. Jacob is hot and there is absolutely NO OTHER nice thing to say about them. Cheesy, slow-moving, snore-a-rific stuff right there. Doesn't help that Edward is a whiny, boring, dull, depressing person! Are you getting my take on this?;)