Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Lake Tahoe-Morning Hike

A little behind posting these but here they are...
Two weekends ago we were able to take a weekend getaway with our friends (also Shawn's cousin) the Allens to Lake Tahoe. I had never been before and seeing as it's only about 3 hours away from where we live, I thought it was a perfect opportunity to check it out, and I'm sooo glad we did. Luckily we had Kyle with us to be our guide to all the hot spots and pretty places. These pictures our from our morning hike to "Fallen Leaf Lake"

It actually wasn't so much a hike, more of a leisurely walk. Perfect for the kids.

The baby bjorn belongs to Jen, but what a cool contraption! I was so glad she had it for me to steal. I loved having free hands and Lauryn though it was pretty great too; definatly on my must haves for the next baby. :)



Bridger and Brylie loved playing with these dogs, but I think the dogs enjoyed it even more. Their two "moms" kept calling for them to come, but they were ready for some kid interaction.

And of course we had to stop so they could play on the giant log.

I honestly could have sat there all day. It was so quiet, peaceful, and GORGEOUS!



Bry was quite the little mountain goat she wanted to climb everywhere the big boys went and would not accept help from anyone!

Beautiful hike, Beautiful place!!!

There are many more good times and great pics from our Lake Tahoe adventure but I will save those for another day. :)

2 comments:

Hina Schneider said...

You guys are so lucky you got to go to lake Tahoe. I wish we would go on more vacations. It looks so beautiful there. Love your pics.

Hollie said...

I'm a little jealous. I really wanna go there. It looks beautiful. Glad you had fun.