Friday, August 21, 2009

Lake Tahoe-Part 2

Scenic Overlook at Emerald Bay...

Ahhh...breathtaking :)



Bridger & Brylie worked REALLY hard trying to move this rock, they even recruited Kyle and I to help, but despite my astounding strength, it still wouldn't budge. :)


Fun at the Beach...

The beach was right across the street from our hotel, and even though the sand was not Cancun smooth it was still awesome to play in, the water on the other hand was FREEZING! Only the big boys were not bright enough to stay out. They risked the cold and dove right in.

Shawn finally convinced Brylie to join him, but as you can tell I think it was much too cold for both of them and Bry did not last long.

Lauryn & I were the only smart ones who decided to stay on dry land.


Evening walk...

Jen & I

I thought this bench was awesome and had to have a picture of it.

Later that night we had the kids sleeping soundly, but were not quite ready to end our fun for the evening. Shawn and Kyle came up with the brilliant idea to put a picnic table directly outside of our hotel room, close enough to hear the kids if they needed us but far enough we wouldn't disturb them. Great isn't it! I think the other residents may have thought we were a bit nuts, but it worked out perfect. With the exception of the guys beating us at cards it was such a fun day!

And of course a road trip, is not officially a road trip unless someone gets car sick. Luckily for me it was not in our car but of course when I saw Jen's panicked face my immediate response was to find anything to help...Shawn's on the other had was to grab the camera in time to snap one of Kyle heaving over the ledge, unfortunately he was a little too slow and missed his true moment of pain. This was just after as we were trying to clean up the mess. Poor Jen :( oh and poor Bridger who was the one who actually got sick.

All in all it was a wonderful weekend! I absolutely loved Lake Tahoe, and had such a great time. Thanks again to Jen & Kyle for letting us tag along.

2 comments:

JEN said...

Oh, I am so glad you put that one of us up. It really is cute:) And it was such a fun trip, even with the vomit in my jeep. I totally forgot to post about the cards that night!! I will have to do that soon!

Make your fortune said...

Lovely and cute family.

we wish you all happiness and success in your life.

Have a great time