Friday, June 26, 2009

House in the Sky

So I am probably one of the very few people who lived in the same house from the time I was born until I went to college. Brylie on the other hand has had a slightly different experience. At age two she has gone from our house in Cedar City to an apartment in Oklahoma City straight from there we headed to Emeryville CA, after which we came back to Cedar then on to Las Vegas NV, back again to Cedar, then into our NEW home in Cedar City to Grandmas house for a month and on out to our current location in California.


All of this moving and variety of homes may seem a bit confusing to a two year old, but she seems to manage by giving a different name to each of them. The new home we moved into in Cedar is .....of course "Brylie's New House", and it didn't take long to put a name to the apartment we're living in now. Everytime we walk out of the building Brylie points up to the windows and says "mom is that my house in the sky?"...

And EVERY time we drive down into the underground garage she yells "Hold on everybody we're going up to my house in the sky!"

I actually thought the name was quite clever and has definatly stuck.

Here she is in the loft of our apartment, on the very, very top floor of the building. Out this window you see mainly clouds and the tops of trees, hence the name "our house in the sky." That building directly below us is a movie theater, so that's a nice little convenience. :)

3 comments:

JEN said...

Too cute! That is a clever name. I too lived in the same house until I went to college and now have moved 15 times! Bridger has moved 13 of those!! CRAZY! So, did you hear about today? My next post is going to be titled "Should have stayed home!" And I should have! Come over tomorrow! I am staying home for sure:)

Hollie said...

That's cute! I like the name. Hey missy you forgot about emeryville. You lived there! with me!! I will of course help you. Not that I know a ton. Bring the lap top by anytime and we'll work on both of ours.

Angie said...

She is so clever! Love the house in the sky. Love (for your sake) that there's a movie theatre so close, and hate (also for your sake) that you're on the TOP floor! Groceries with TWO kids?? I know you have elevators...but still! Only go shopping in the mornings so Shawn can haul everything up!:) haha. Hope you're having fun out there!