Monday, June 15, 2009

Our day with Dora

So anyone who knows Brylie knows she has an obsession with Dora the Explora, and has had since she was about 1. A good portion of Bry's first words actually were in Spanish. (thank you Dora.)
Any how the first weekend we got into town, there just happened to be a kidfest going on at the park across the street from us. There were booths, bounce houses, music, food and most importantly DORA. Once we heard this we couldn't miss it!

Bry was actually too shy to go up to or talk to Dora but she also was much to excited and awe struck to leave her. So we spent $15 and 45 minutes of our precious Sunday standing near...but not too near Dora the Explorer. TOTALLY WORTH IT!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Looks like fun. :)

Angie said...

Ash! I am cracking up about your day "near but not too near" DORA! Love it. It looks like you are having fun out there. I hope you are keeping your sanity;)An APX wife with TWO "apx kids" is Waaaayyyy different than an APX wife with just ONE "apx kid" isn't it?? June is already half over though...the rest will fly by. I hope you have better luck this year finding 4th of July festivities than the first year we were there. Remember how pissed I was that I got Cyd lookin' all 4th of July cute and no one even had a FLAG out, not to mention a parade of some sort?? Dumb California people:)

Ashley J said...

Ang. Hey I totally remember that & I have my red & white clothes all planned out for the girls so they dang well better have something for us to go to. Anyway, yes it definatly is MUCH different shawn thinks my sanity is long gone, but what can he expect when I am cooped up in a hotel with two kids all day. At least I have fun wives to help me get through it.

Angie said...

That does make a HUGE difference.