Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Sunday in the Park

At the end of the week, I am usually going crazy from being stuck in the apartment with two kids and sooo anxious to get out and play. Shawn on the other hand is completely warn out from working all week and I'm sure would love to just relax and do nothing. He pretty much always gives me my way though and happily goes along with whatever activity I have planned for us. So this Sunday I tried to be a nice wife and not give in but compromise. :) After church and nap time we headed over to the cute town of Pleasant Hill where we stopped by Cold Stone for some delicious ice cream, then found a great little park to play & RELAX in.

Sunshine and ice cream-Life's little pleasures! :)
Lauryn could not get enough!

Shawn even bought Brylie her own little treat from the ice cream cart that was driving around the park. It was WAY to big for her and she made an absolute mess but was thrilled she had a Dora popcicle.

As much as Brylie wanted to take Dora on the swing with her, it wasn't quite working out...

after finally convincing her to hand Dora over to daddy, (just for a minute) we had a great time on the tire swing.

Lauryn got so excited on the slides but Bry pretty much just thought she was in the way of her going fast.

Luckily we found this slide where they were able to go side by side without getting each others way.

It was an awesome park, that Brylie DID NOT want to leave, but after promising to come back another day she grudingly walked back to the car asking constantly what happened to her dora. (Shawn had to be sneaky and throw it away while she was playing because it was dripping everywhere! We were hoping she wouldn't notice but no such luck, she is still bringing it up 3 days later.)


I think we all enjoyed ourselves and hopefully Shawn got rested up for another long week of knocking the doors.

3 comments:

Kassi said...

ok so I have lots to catch up on. I hope I get everything in haha
We also have an house in the sky and I love that she has a name for all homes so dang cute
How fun that you were able to get mommy, daughter pedicures!!
Who doesn't love Chuck E. Cheese?!! I love that place :D
Most important...
Oreo are my VERY FAV and yes they can fix just about anything that may be going on or not! haha
Love the picture of her dancing with her prince!
Your 4th looked like so much fun!
And I am just like you! Once Sunday comes and church is over all I want to do is be out playing but of course Colby is always tired. haha Looks like a fun park though!
Love all your pictures so fun to look at! :D

JEN said...

So cute. Where is this park? Looks like fun!

Ashley Jackson said...

Hey Ash, I found you! Your blog is so cute, nice work:) I will add you to my list so I can keep track of you. Your girls are so cute and it's fun to see you so often:)