Saturday, July 11, 2009

Waterworld

I bought a season pass for Waterworld before we came out to California, but just now realized that it is already July and we hadn't made it once. Between two girls different nap schedules it just seemed hard to find a time, but this last week Jen invited us to join her and her two boys there just for a few hours, and I am so glad we did! It is only 2 minutes away and Brylie LOVED it, because she could touch everywhere! Normally she is terrified of the water because she does not want it in her eyes, and even though we are always at the pool she usually just wanders around with her friends and will put her feet in the hot one. I can never actually get her to swim in the pool, but here she was thrilled to be able to walk around the entire kiddie area without the water even getting close to her eyes.


Brylie being the extremely cautious girl she is climed up and down the stairs of the slide, examining it each time, before she finally decided it was ok to go down. After which she seriously stated "I Love it!" and continued to go again, and again.

She also had to approach this turtle very slowly and carefully before it was ok to touch it. Then she patted his head and decided they we're friends.

Jen's little boy Bridger thought the water was much too cold to play in (which I agree), but because he just wanted to relax and eat snacks brylie had to keep recruiting Jen and I to come play with her. I kept trying to get out of it by saying I needed to see Lauryn but then she would just go over and drag Jen in the pool instead, she could not experience all this fun by herself! (Thanks for being such a good sport Jen:)


I love these babies!! Lauryn loves to play with Jen's little boy Roper who is only a month older. They get along so well, and are just the happiest, most easy going babies around. They do tend to get left behind quite often while we take the other kids to play, so thank goodness they have each other.

Waterworld turned out to be quite a success, we had to drag Bry out as the workers were cleaning up, and she continues to ask when we get to go again.

2 comments:

JEN said...

Lazy day? It's never a lazy day when you are blogging. That is a lot of work! That was a fun day! And I thought it was funny when you referred to the hot tub as the "hot one":) We will have to go again soon! Maybe next week...

Jamie said...

Ash, it looks like so much fun! Again I wish I was out there to go do fun stuff with you. That seemed like the perfect opportunity to get Brylie on my side. Shoot.