Thursday, July 30, 2009

Too Much Silence...

Since my parents left on Sunday this was suppose to be a week of cleaning, catching up on long overdue laundry, and getting back into our typical schedule; however, that did not sound appealing at all! Instead I've found myself being completely lazy and enjoying every quite moment I have. (which honestly is not many.)
My kids are not really what would call easy going. OK let me rephrase that, BRYLIE is not easy going and wants constant attention, that is unless.....she is getting into trouble, in which case she says "mommy go take care of Lauryn" hint: leave her alone because she doesn't want me seeing what she is up to.
Lately however I really have not even cared what she was into as long as I could have 5 minutes peace. After about 15 minutes though I began to worry, and sure enough this is what I found...

Two little girls with no pants on and a whole bag of potato chips on the floor.

Lauryn apparently thought it would be easier to dump them out instead of having to reach into the bag every time!

Brylie was happy to help clean up after the mess she had made

but insisted on having Lauryn help too, because well, she was the one who dumped them on the floor.

As for the no pants, well I must admit that was probably just laziness on my part. :) And I still believe my 15 minutes of quiet was worth the mess.

8 comments:

Angie said...

Yeah, I totally agree...SO worth the mess!:)

Josh and Nikki said...

I had no idea you had a blog! I haven't seen your Brylie since Jill showed me a pic from Oklahoma! Holy cow...they're big! I'm excited to have two girls too! I'll keep checkin' in on ya now!

Hollie said...

haha too cute. I love that brylie tells you to go take care of lauryn. Thats great!

Mikkel said...

I always think that too... What ever he is doing while I am laying here can surely be cleaned up and fixable! Not always the case! But sometimes it just doesn't matter! I can totally hear her telling you to go take care of Lauryn. She is no dummy.

Carly said...

Your family has grown since the last time I saw you. Your girls are so cute. Since I have lived in Kanab I never run into your parents. But I have seen you and your sisters.

Jamie said...

That's too funny. Good old Brylie. Maybe if I dump some chips on the floor with her, she will be my friend. :) Just a thought.

Unknown said...

My kids would do the same thing if they found potato chips that were reachable! Who could resist?

marshallfamilyhappenings said...

I don't even see a mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're girls are too cute. Too bad about the rock park. I've never even taken Davie down there. Guess she'll never get to now.