Tuesday, July 7, 2009

This year for the fourth we didn't have to make it to the parade till 11:30, which I loved and even nicer it happened to be right across the street! So the girls and I were able to ease into our morning, get ready, then catch up with the other kids and wives to watch the parade together.It was the perfect day for a parade not to hot or cold & I must admit Concord put on a pretty good show, although it did last a REALLY long time so we had to head over to the park a little early where we walked around the booths then enjoyed a nice little lunch while listening to some live jazz.

Davie & Brylie , so cute in their patriotic attire.

Stole this picture from liz because she actually had one of Bry holding still, and plus Liz's pictures are just always better than mine. :)


So it wasn't quite the dutch oven dinner and fireworks in the red hills that I would get in Kanab but instead here in Cali we have rainbow flags and equility for all, marching in the parade. Oh and also these cool dragon head things!



All of the Apx kids lined up patiently waiting for the parade to begin, (of course Brylie is not one to wait patiently and I could not get her to hold still for a picture either.)

After the parade had gone on for quite some time Bry decided to begin her own parade, marching with Bridger's light-saver.

Later that night after the guys got off work they headed to a park to have a little BBQ, play some football, and watch the fireworks. Unfortunatly I had to stay home with a tired little girl but could not let Bry miss out on the fun, so here she is so excited because she had her own snap pops.



Brylie was to interested in her light stick necklace to look up for a picture, she was thrilled that there happened to be fireworks that matched her necklace! "Look dad, they match! " (she's very into matchy matchy lately. My little fashion consious girl.)

Happy 4th of July to all!!!!!

2 comments:

Angie said...

I hope you enjoyed your "rainbow flags and equality for all" parade....but I hope to see you in K-town next year!!

JEN said...

You are funny:) I am proud to live where there is equality for all ;) It was a pretty good parade. I am bummed I didn't grab more of the sunscreen and first aid kits (I didn't even know there were both!) they are pretty cool but I kept passing them up, thinking I already had enough! Oh well. Brylie was sure cute at the fireworks show. She kept yelling out what color they were but would get extra loud when they were PINK!! She is too cute:)