Friday, July 3, 2009

Chocolate: The Best Medicine

You would think I should know by now that Lauryn is too old, and wild to leave sitting on the couch. But I never learn and I was only two feet away picking up toys, so today she took quite a head dive, and let me tell you she was UPSET!!! I mean I could not find anything to calm this girl down. I knew she couldn't be seriously hurt because...well it's not that big of couch and all of her limbs moved fine. Any how I tried giving her carrots....no luck, rocking, singing, bouncing....still totally inconsolable. Desperate to quite her before she woke up her sleeping sister in the next room, I grabbed one of my favorite things. Chocolate! Oreo to be exact, but its all wonderful :) Sure enough within a matter of seconds, happiest girl in the world! The pain is forgotten and a complete mess from head to toe.




Just goes to show you, like mother like daughter... Carrots never seem to soothe me either, chocolate on the other hand always makes life a little better. :)

1 comment:

Mikkel said...

I love it! Funny story. I would never choose the carrots.